2x MSc STUDENT POSITIONS (WiSe21)
We are looking for two talented MSc Students to join our laboratory. Both of them will work in a cohesive way on the project of Computer-Aided Design of Thrombolytic enzymes:
- MSc Student 1 (computational part): will model and simulate the dynamics of the full-length zinc metalloprotease ADAMTS13 by means of homology modeling and molecular dynamics simulations, respectively.
- MSc Student 2 (experimental part): will express, purify and assay the activity of ADAMTS13 by means of molecular biology techniques.
We offer these positions for the Wintersemester 2021. The interested students can contact us directly (pedro.murcia(at)medunigraz.at).
1x PhD STUDENT POSITION (University of Vienna & Medical University of Graz): Computer-aided drug design based on protein-ligand interactions analysis
We are looking for amotivatedand talented PhD Student to join our laboratories of Computational Biology and Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy (https://www.maxperutzlabs.ac.at/research/research-groups/konrat, University of Vienna) and Computer-Aided Molecular Design (CAMDgraz.com, Medical University of Graz).
The PhD Student will work in the implementation of a computational framework for the prediction of protein-ligand interactions with views of the design of new drugs with our industrial partner. Computer techniques such as molecular dynamics (MD) and quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics (QM/MM) simulations, free energy calculations, and machine learning methods will be used for the quantification of fragment-protein interactions. Theoretical results will be cross-validated with experimental techniques such as NMR in combination with selective side-chain labeling carried out at the Department of Structural and Computational Biology (Vienna).
The contract (3 years) will be established according to the FWF personal cost scheme. The selected candidate is expected to start October 1st 2021.
- MSc degree on Theoretical Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics, Biochemistry or Mathematics.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and hands on molecular dynamics simulations
- Knowledge in MD simulation, QM and QM/MM methods
- Knowledge in programming languages like Python, R and/or Shell scripting
- Knowledge in machine learning is desirable
- Excellent command of English
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, please send the following documents to pedro.murcia(at)medunigraz.at before July 10th 2021:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- 2 Letters of recommendation
The selected candidates will be invited to a virtual hearing at the end of July 2021.
… Postdoc positions
Feel free to contact us: pedro.murcia(at)medunigraz.at.